Monday, April 8, 2013

I am doing a persuasive speech for my communications class about why we should go green and actually care about the environment a little bit. I was looking into the consequences of not recycling and it is simply shocking how much material goes to waste just because people do not take the time or the effort to simply throw something in a different bin. However I can understand the excuse of "it's not convenient" because in some towns it can cost extra to recycle. Another problem is if you are out in the country where you burn all your garbage and never bother to recycle. These things need to be stopped before we run ourselves into the ground. I mean come on people! It doesnt take that much effort! I'm hoping to show some pretty straight forward pictures to my class when I give my speech that will hopefully change their minds on recycling. It's time to take it seriously!

1 comment:

  1. Recycling is definitely something that needs to be increased, but before recycling comes reducing. By reducing consumption of drinks that come in plastic bottles or wrapped in plastic and then put in cardboard, we can initially eliminate the amount of items that need to be recycled to begin with. If there are fewer things that need to be thrown away or recycled in the first place, we can cut back on waste put in landfills, recyclable or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete