Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dueces McDonalds

I just happened to see this when I woke up today, McDonalds essentially went bankrupt in Bolivia because it didn't fit into their culture well and the people didn't buy their food. To me, it's amazing what money will do to a corporation like that; if you don't buy it, they pack up and leave. I'm sure this didn't really put a dent in McDonalds overall income. At the time, I'm not trying to give the impression that Bolivia is super healthy nation either, because I think they still face malnutrition problems unfortunately; but it's still impressive.

It was also eye-opening to me because no one is forcing you to live a certain lifestyle or culture. If you really want to make a difference, vote with where you spend your money and encourage others to do the same. I'm not saying it's not difficult, but if the people in Bolivia can do it, then what is stopping any of us? If you believe in something, stay true to yourself and go with it.

Enjoy the 20th of April!

http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/26-12-2011/120084-McDonalds_goes_belly_up_in_Bolivia-0/


No comments:

Post a Comment